Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The fam is growing

What you may have heard or suspected is true, we are expecting a new member to the family. My belly is growing nicely.. and so are my boobs, which is a nice change of pace for me. Unfortunately, I was not endowed with a generous sized chest, but when I am pregnant, look out! I have the best rack ever! I love it! But, enough about my boobs.
I've been asked, "what does this mean for Catfish Mustache? Are you still going to do the band?" And to that I answer, "Fuck yea we are still doing the band!" Most women work full time jobs while they are pregnant... right up until they have the baby. So, why should I quit my "job"? As far as I'm concerned, I have it pretty easy. I get to sit around and write songs in between eating pickles and bowls of cereal. And then I get to go out and play shows a few times a month. Each show only lasts about an hour and I am lucky to have two amazing band mates who carry all the equipment to and from the stage. So, I do think I am pretty lucky.
The timing turned out to be perfect too. We had already planned on taking a couple months off from doing shows this summer so we could begin recording our next album. The baby is due in August, so there ya go. It's quite possible that I may be breast feeding while tracking vocals... I gotta multi-task.
Some may think that having a baby at this stage in the game would pose a lot more complications for the band, but actually, it isn't going to change much. We already have two children that we have a nanny for, so the babysitter will just have one more kid to look after. Also, our other children are really easy to look after and I'm sure they are actually going to be great helpers with the baby; getting diapers, bottles, clothes, etc.... They have actually already volunteered their services.
Besides the fact that I will be rocking shows with a big ole belly making my bass stick out, it will be business as usual. Well, I also will not be taking shots of whiskey on stage for awhile either, but that is probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment