Sunday, October 30, 2011

Doo- Wop




I think it would be so much fun to start a musical side project similar to the doo-wop lady groups of the 50's and 60's. I wanna do it all out too... matching dresses and heels, bouffant hair do's, synchronized dance moves ... the whole 9 yards. I want people watching at shows to feel like they have traveled back in time. 
The last great lady group similar to this style was (NOT Destiny's Child) but En Vogue. They were amazing! I recently found one of their cd's at a thrift store and you better believe I swooped it up. I used to have the tape.... that's how old I am.
Anywhatever, En Vogue was heavily influenced by groups such as The Shirelles, The Marvelettes, The Chiffons, etc... and so am I. I would love to start a group like these.
If there are any ladies who can sing and want to be a part of this, send me a message and we will get this show on the road... literally.
I will also need some musicians. We will definitely need a drummer. I would also like to have a stand up bass... maybe some horns... you know... we can play it by ear.
Also, I should note, that just because I want to start this group, doesn't mean I have to be the lead vocalist. If you've got pipes and can wail, then you could be the front woman. I'm not a hater or an attention whore... well, usually I'm not.
Here is a little inspiration for you:

The Shirelles



The Ronettes




The Supremes



and last but, not least... this is one of my all-time favorite songs!

Ladies and Gentlemen...

En Vogue!


No comments:

Post a Comment